Sunday, November 2, 2014

My Favorite Climbing Spots

This week I would like to share with you guys some of my favorite spots to climb and train both near and far from my home. There is a small climbing community on Oahu but not nearly as big as I had hoped when transferring here. Also if your ever in the UHM gym try out the "Skywall" it is similar to a vertical treadmill, unfortunately both are under repairs right now though. There are some decent climbing spots on the north and west side of the island but they are more meant for lead climbing as I discussed two weeks ago. I am more into bouldering with no ropes and more powerful moves. In my hometown my favorite spot to boulder is called Lizards Mouth. This is a ridge in the mountains in the back valley of my town. There are over 40 different problems to climb! Pretty awesome, they vary in difficulty from beginner climbing to expert, so everyone is able to participate no matter what your skill level. My second favorite spot is Joshua Tree, some of you may have heard of this before but possibly not. This is a very popular climbing destination in California and is a national park. There are very large scale routes to climb here and hundreds of different ways to go about. It is a very unique spot that attracts climbers from all over the world. Lastly my rock climbing gym I attend back home was awesome. Knowing almost everyone there and working on different routes with my friends and fellow climbers is a lot of fun. They have also hosted competitions at the gym in which I placed 1st the intermediate division I was competing in at the time!


2 comments:

  1. OMG! To climb this needs a lot of courage. So amazing, and so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your local rock gym looks really fun! Rock climbing seems like a great workout as long as you're not scared of heights.

    ReplyDelete