Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dream Climbing Spots

Hey guys this week I will be telling you about some of the spots I would love to visit for climbing. Hopefully one day in the future I will be able to visit some of these magical spots. The first spot on my list would be El Capitan in Yosemite National Park. There are some great climbing spots here and it is the closest to my house, so ease of access is nice. I have been to Yosemite before but long before I had started climbing. Yosemite is so scenic and relaxing with wild life all around you including: bears, Mt. lions or puma, foxes, coyote, deer, birds, scorpions, and many more! The second spot I would like to climb is actually here in Hawai'i. It is called The Arch, maybe you guys have heard of it? Once I get my hands on some crash pads for safety and crew to go with I would like to do this climb. Also it is important for it to be dry when climbing because the rocks can become very slippery when wet. Considering Arches is right on the water is often times wet. Unfortunately the Arch is in Keana Point State Park and is now closed to climbers. Many people still sneak in and I am not sure if any signs have been posted since the closure. I am not sure if this is just a dream or if it will ever happen as many never climb it in their life, but Mount Everest would be one hell of an adventure. My skill level and experience are much to low right now but possible later in like maybe in my late 30's it could be a possibility.








1 comment:

  1. very cool aspirations! definitely an accomplishment to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete